In this short course, the learner will be introduced to a simplified model of brain functioning in work conditions. Then they will be introduced to personality types and cognitive biases. Following that, they will be introduced to the elements and sources of conflict in professional relationships. How to manage conflict situations arising with an employer or a team member, and some techniques for conducting negotiations.
By the end of this course, the learner will be able to:
- Understand how our brain functions under work conditions.
- Recognize some techniques to control behavior.
- Identify different personality types.
- Recognize the effects of cognitive biases on decision making.
- Identify the elements of conflict.
- Recognize the benefits of win-win resolutions.
- Identify the elements of power in negotiations.
- Understand how to prepare for negotiations.
- Recognize the basic elements of negotiations.
Session #1 (Wed. Jul. 26th)
- Your brain at work
- The DISC personality model
Session #2 (Sun. Jul. 30th)
- Decision making and cognitive biases
Session #3 (Wed. Aug 2nd)
- Understanding Conflict
Session #4 (Sun. Aug. 6th)
- Negotiations for Conflict Management
- Meeting and Negotiations
All sessions start at 6:00 p.m. and end at 9:00 p.m.
Mohammad Tawfik, PhD.
- MSc & PhD, Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, USA.
- Coordinator of the Space and Communications Engineering Program, Zewail University of Science and Technology.
- Adjunct assistant professor, AUC.
- Teaching: Strategic Management, Negotiation and Meeting Management Skills, Communication Management.
- Lectured at Cairo University, Emirates Aviation College, BUE & GUC.
Honors & Awards
- National Encouragement Award, Egypt 2008.
- Who’s who in the world, 2010.
- Outstanding Lecturer Award, GUC, October 2006.
Benefits of Attendance
- The material delivered will be given to you as handouts.
- Assessments and quizzes.
- Certificate of attendance from Academy of Knowledge.
AlMaqarr Co-working space, Heliopolis.
- Early bird fees (Deadline July 19th): 600 EGP.
- Early groups (3 or more) get 100 EGP discount.
- Late Owl fees (Deadline July 23rd): 750 EGP.
- You can have your ticket from AlMaqarr.
- Vodafone Cash to this number: 0101-001-5835
- Orange Money: 0127-344-9410
**If you use mobile cash, send your name and the amount of money transferred via “sms” or “whats app” to the same number.
Arabic. But slides and material are in English.
Registeration: Please Fill The Following Form:
Registration is a must (Your ticket will be waiting on the door.)
For Further Info, Please Contact Us at 01140815315